Thursday, September 10, 2009

It's time to speak up

I have been thinking about starting a blog for several weeks now, and it is time to act on it. I am a retired Chief Petty Officer, United States Navy, and now I drive truck for a living. I have 2 great adult children. When I say adult, I mean more than just age. My daughter is married to a career Navy man, and they are expecting child number 9. The great part is that they have learned how to stand on their own 2 feet, and don't come running home to Mom and Dad when the going gets tough. My son is a former Marine, and he takes care of himself and family without complaint. I have the greatest wife, married to her for 34 years, since we were both 18. Family is very important to me.

The biggest reason for starting this blog is that I don't want to have to face my grandchildren and have them ask "Why didn't you do anything when our country was being taken over by liberals and special interests?

I have to do what I can. So here we go.

First of all, groundrules: If this blog is read by anyone, and they choose to respond or comment, do not use profanity or vulgarity. This includes cutesy ways to try and hide words by clever use of symbols etc. It will result in immediate blocking of your posts. I spent 24 years in the Navy, worked with people in substance abuse treatment, and have driven truck for 15 years. Additionally, my father was a veteran of WWII. I have heard enough foul language for 10 lifetimes. It will not happen here.

That is it for this post. More later

No comments:

Post a Comment